About The Country Wife Blog

Monday, October 19, 2015

Barbara Walker Learn To Knit Afghan Book, square 48 Vine Leaf

This is the last block in the "increases and decreases" section of the book. I am beginning to think I will actually get this afghan project finished! Less than fifteen more to go...

Vine Leaf Panel, block 48

This block has obviously not been blocked.  There is a 26-stitch center panel with nine-stitch stocking stitch on either side.  It was a rather fun block to knit but I really wish I had some simple "knit stitches font" software to use to build a chart.  Charted designs are easier to knit than holding the book to my chest and picking it up every row to make sure I remember what to do when...

This would be a great panel for the back of a sweater.  Of course,  re-working the vine to wind wider would make it better for the back of that projected sweater.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: