About The Country Wife Blog

Thursday, July 14, 2016

Beautiful Lily

Today I went to the dentist, one of my least favorite things to do, even though the dentist and all her staff are lovely people.  When I came outside (I did not notice on the INside...) I saw a beautiful array of lilies.  Because I imagine myself a beginning watercolorist, I took some pictures.

Here is one.  Don't you think that would be a pretty painting?!  It looks sort of interesting to me and will surely tax my abilities.

Lilies at the dentist's office.

If I ever get a painting made from this photograph, I will insert it here!

BONUS PHOTOS!!

Here are the beautiful pansies Son #3 and family gave me this spring.  They are still alive!!!  I cannot believe it.  This spring and summer I have been watering and dead-heading nearly every day. PLUS  I put in fertilizer spikes a month ago and again this morning.  In the past I have not been reliably watering the hanging planters and certainly did not dead-head the blossoms.  This has been a very big mistake.  Now look at how beautiful and full these pots are!




I am so happy with this beautiful display.  They make me remember Grandmother Nina Belle Merrill Corwin who had a hillside of glorious pansies.  One of my favorite things to do was to walk along the path at the foot between the hill and the brooder house and look at all the different sweet faces on those pansies.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: