About The Country Wife Blog

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Early Morning Garden Jungle

This morning it is very lovely, cool, and misty outside.  I went out with my iPad to take some pictures of the garden.  I realized that it is more jungle than garden!

The tomato jungle, not close up!  With rhubarb at the left.


Another thing I noticed was that one of our tomato plants has some leaf damage. I need to look into that.  The Gardening Guy  had a post about tomato blight a while ago.  I guess I need to go back and find it, read it, and take action.  Of course, I don't know if this is blight yet, but...

See all those blossoms?!  No fruit matures...


And the cucumbers continue to make lots of lovely little female blossoms with tiny cucumbers attached but no cucumbers mature. I have sent Henry Homeyer a message to see what the scoop is on that.

Happy kale!

Over the last year I have become very much enamored with kale.  I eat it nearly every day.  Kale from our own garden is much more tender and delicious than what I buy at the store.  I have been clipping off a few leaves most days to eat in salad with a little lettuce, broccoli, Vidalia onions, and celery.  Wonderful salad!  I hope this selective harvesting is good for the plants and that they will continue to produce for a long time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: