About The Country Wife Blog

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Leg Warmers

Leah has sweet little legs which can get cold in winter so I knit up some leg warmers for her.  I could not find any legwarmer patterns handy so I made up my own.

Using Galway Chunky yarn and size 8 and size 13 needles.

Cast on 28 stitches with the size 8 needles.

Knit 2, purl 2 for about an inch.

Switch to size 13 needles and knit all rounds for 10 inches.

Knit 2, purl 2  for an inch, then bind off in rib.  If you think the little leg is too small to do the final rib using the size 13 needles, go down to a size 10.  For chubby legs, knit the knee ribbing with the size 13 needles.

Hopefully Leah will allow me to photograph her legs in the warmers, but that is not a foregone certainty.  She has a mind of her own at age 2-plus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: