About The Country Wife Blog

Monday, July 1, 2013

Fresh Salsa, again...

A generous friend gave me two flats of BEAUTIFUL tomatoes on Saturday.  All I had given her was a  loaf of the benighted sourdough-cracked-wheat-potato and whole wheat bread.  It was definitely not a fair trade, but as I said, she and her husband are very generous.

So this morning I pulled out the Cuisinart food processor and chopped ingredients then put them together and refrigerated the beautiful salsa, after eating several spoons full!



Salsa in the Measuring Cup


Today's Salsa recipe

5 cups chopped tomatoes
3 cups chopped yellow onions (since I did not have sweet onions)
Garlic cloves to fill a 1/4 cup measure, then finely chopped
Jalapeno coarsely chopped to fill a 1/3 cup measure, then finely chopped
1 Tablespoon coarse sea salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 cup lime juice
1/4 cup dried cilantro (since I did not have any fresh cilantro)

Put all together in large bowl.  Stir well. Taste for seasoning (really, do that) then eat immediately or refrigerate and eat over the next few days.
Mixed Salsa

Friends are coming at lunch time so we will eat this salsa with the freshly made tortilla chips...which are calling me from the oven now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: