About The Country Wife Blog

Thursday, July 28, 2022

Knitting Today: The Use-Up-Sock-Yarn-From-Two-Previous-Pairs-Toe-Up-With-First-Fish-Lips-Kiss-Heels-Toe-At-A-Time Socks!

 Just now I finished these socks.  I intended to use up all the leftover yarn from the prior two pairs of test knit socks BUT...I was also knitting them for The Woolly Thistle Sock Spring 2022 which ended today so I only knit a regular length cuff and not a longer cuff.  There is still some of the cuff yarn left.

About The Woolly Thistle: when I learned they were in West Lebanon, New Hampshire I was thrilled. I thought I could be able to invite our angel daughter-in-law and granddaughter to visit the shop and help me with yarn selection choices since I like to feel and smell yarn before purchasing. Especially when it is costly yarn. WELL...it turns out The Woolly Thistle is an online shop only.  A big disappointment for me. Still, I do listen to their shopcasts from time to time PLUS...I "met" Emma Barnaby there and LOVE her channel!  Love it love it LOVE IT!

Fish Lips Kiss Heel in process.

Fish Lips Kiss Heels finished.  I love the way they look with not holes and I love the way they fit.  There is more about this project on The Country Wife page on Ravelry.com.

Another new thing to me besides the heel was the cuff and bind off.

This was the cuff:




For the bind off I used a stretchy bind off that I found but did not find a creator of the pattern.  This is the bind off which works really well for toe up socks.

Knit 2 then return the 2 stitches to the left needle and K2 together through the back loop.  K1 then put the two stitches back onto the left needle and knit 2 together through the back loop.  Continue on with knitting one additional stitch, putting both stitches on left needle and knitting two together through the back loop.  Nice looking and nice and stretchy.  Fits my large legs very well.

To see the cuff, go to my Ravelry page mentioned above.  It is lights out time and fingers are used up for the night...!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: