About The Country Wife Blog

Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Another Outside Visitor!

 Here is another wild life photo! Well, not a very good one.  You might have to use your imagination a bit...


We were sitting at the table eating some meal or other recently and I looked out the sliding doors. I jumped up to take a picture of the first hummingbird at the feeder that has been up for weeks.  When I got there, this is what I saw:  a hornet, though I think they are called wasps here in the South.  

This was a vast disappointment. SO...I smartened up and got some very colorful petunias and filled a porch railing planter with them.  I am very hopeful that they will call the hummingbirds.  Other people in our complex swear they have seen hummingbirds this year already...and yesterday the girl at the Tractor Supply said her Ruby-Throated Hummingbird is back.  Happy for her, waiting for the birds we have had in past springs and summers.  Hopefully soon.  I love to stand and watch them.  They are pretty skittish so we don't move.  At least not until later on in the year.  Dear One sits on the deck and they seem happy enough with him there.  But, as I say, a few weeks into the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: