About The Country Wife Blog

Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Knitting Today: Last Square Midwinter Blanket

 The Midwinter Blanket squares have long been done.  At least I am done with them.  The idea was to make 35 of them and sew them together into a blanket. I never planned to do more than one of each type. I finished weeks ago and just now have time to report on that final square.


This one I call "Blowing In The Wind Tree".  You can see that yet again I have a very high tolerance for error.  I could not be bothered to take it out and re-do as I was working on several other projects at the same time that were under the gun to finish...so I left this. I am still leaving it.  

You note that this tree is on a bed of snow with a glorious blue sky overhead.  I ran out of the white yarn.  In actuality I was attempting to organize the workroom which has paper crafting, sewing, knitting, watercolor, bookbinding, and other project types all in disarray.  In one of the bags that I love so much I found a full cake of white Bartlettyarns yarn.  Still, I am going to let that icky square stay as is.  And really get to work on organizing...!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: