About The Country Wife Blog

Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Stitch Markers and Progress Keepers

When knitting it is often important to mark stitches and rows.  There are many stitch markers available to purchase. I wanted to make some of my own.  I have been cleaning out and giving away many types of "stuff" over which I should have control.  Recently I gave away most of the jewelry-making tools and supplies that were in the workroom.  Just now I found a little packet of charms that could be made into stitch markers and progress keepers.

This is what I made:

As usual the picture is wonky but I still do not know how to change the orientation...

They consist of the Christmas charm, a large split ring (14 mm), and a lobster clasp (18mm).  It is hoped that these are not too heavy to work with current and future knitting projects.  Since at this time I mostly use worsted weight (number 4) yarn, I think they will be okay.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: