About The Country Wife Blog

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Sunday Morning Busy

Today is General Conference so we go to Church a few hours later than usual--11 AM instead of 6:30 AM. It seemed like a great day to test the carrot cake recipe from Cook's Country that they asked me to make for them, then fill out a survey about it. Since neither Bob nor I need a whole carrot cake, and since we will have a potluck at Church between sessions of Conference, it was the ideal time. So I made it. When that was complete I made some vegetarian chili to take along so Bob would have something to eat. I also had made what I lovingly call Harvest Stew--a mishmash of many vegetables and greens in a big pot cooked in the oven for hours with a pork roast in it...a previous blog entry discusses the stew...to which I added this morning some mashed cauliflower and broccoli that was lying around in the refrigerator waiting to go bad.

So, after the cake and the chili and the stew, I wrote up a blog entry for The Country Wife Knits about Grace's sweater. Jonathan and Alissa and the boys have just arrived after having looked at some land in Thetford and will bake some bread. Bob and I will be leaving for Church soon while the kids stay here and cook bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: