About The Country Wife Blog

Monday, June 26, 2017

Munchie Monday: Smoked Almond Cheddar

Still trying to the vegan things most of the time.  Here is a recipe I do not recommend!

Smoked Almond Cheddar

2 cups raw almonds, soaked overnight in water in the refrigerator
1/2 to 3/4 cup pimentos from a jar, plus 1/2 to 3/4 cup packing liquid
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1 3/4 teaspoon smoked sea salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder

Drain the soaked almonds.  In the bowl of the food processor put everything including 1/4 cup of the pimento packing liquid.  Process well.  Scrape down sides then process some more.  You may need to add more of the liquid to make the texture better.


For my iteration I used Smoked Garlic and Onion Seasoned Salt mixture instead of the smoked sea salt which would have entailed circling back around to the first store I went to which did have some at a very great price.  The store where I was sure to find it did not have any at all.  Oh well.

My notes on this material:  it tastes okay.  It is not great and it DEFINITELY is NOT CHEDDAR.

I have not thrown it out yet but I also have not tried serving it to Dear One.  I think I will try that tomorrow. My hopes are not high...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: