About The Country Wife Blog

Monday, December 18, 2017

Munchie Monday: Quick and Easy Black Bean Chili (3 ingredients!)

This is the easiest chili ever!  Really.

In the Instant Pot I placed 3 cups of dried black beans and covered with lots of water then let them soak overnight. In the morning I drained and rinsed them then put them back in the Instant Pot on high heat for 30 minutes to cook.

Picante Sauce from Costco
When I was ready to make the chili I took 6 cups of the cooked black beans (about 3-4 cans of black beans if you buy them from the store) and put them back in the now-empty Instant Pot.

Next I put a whole bottle of Pace Picante Sauce in the Instant Pot and mixed well.

Finally I put in a whole package of Boca Burger Crumbles and stirred again.

Turning the Instant Pot onto the Saute function, I stirred often until it was as hot as I like then I served it and we ate it up.  It was really good.

There was enough that we could share, plus we have a container in the freezer. I would say it makes about three quarts of chili.

Even that which we shared was enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: