About The Country Wife Blog

Thursday, October 8, 2020

Thursday Thoughts

 We had a power outage on Wednesday evening.  The power was not expected to be restored until after midnight.  We are often in bed by nine o'clock.  A CPAP needs power to run. I cannot sleep without the CPAP.  Consequently, I had a lot of time for thinking.

Life is pretty good here.  And has been for many years.  Oh, there have been a few ups and downs but the downs have been bearable and temporary.  When the lights went out and it was time for bed I began thinking of people who need oxygen not only to sleep but to live. And then thought that there are probably many other people who have other needs that cannot be met when things change, like the power going out.  How to they manage?  My heart mourns for them.  For me, it is only a matter of lost sleep (though I do have two medical appointments early in the morning so that is going to be a bit of a problem for me, but not life threatening.)

There are so many people who have so many problems to deal with that I never think about.  Tonight I have.  I realize that about the only thing I can do is to pray for them, and when I see someone I can personally assist, I will do it.

When there is a change like this, it brings more compassion to my mind and heart.  And I want to be a better person.

PS. The power came on just before midnight.  I am very grateful to the workmen and women who restored power to our town.

PPS. This probably makes not a lot of sense.  I am pretty muddled.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: