About The Country Wife Blog

Friday, August 4, 2023

Friday Floral: Mexican Petinias

 

Three years ago a dear friend gave us many Mexican petunias from their garden to plant in front of our house. I planted them and did my best to keep the baby plants alive that year  BUT the weeds in the rest of the garden got ahead of us. Well, me, since I am supposed to be the gardener.

One day I went out to pull weeds.  I worked pretty hard and finally wore down. Just before getting to the tiny newly planted Mexican petunias. My ever kindly Dear One offered to complete the job for me. I accepted his help  and went into the house.  The next day when I went out I discovered an empty spot where the Mexican petunias had been.  I could not be mad since  he had been so kind as to help me when I had nothing left to give  the garden.

So our kind friends entrusted us with more plants to start. Last year they began growing. This made me happy. I handled all the weeding last year. 

This year we have two blossoms! So lovely. With good fortune they will continue to grow and strengthen until we have many blossoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: