About The Country Wife Blog

Thursday, August 3, 2023

Rigid Heddle Looms!!!

 Since that last post I have watched several hours of information on rigid heddle looms. I had thought I wanted a Kromski Harp Rigid Heddle Loom. Now I am leaning toward a Schacht 20” Flip Loom. It will be costly but will not take up much room!  

The above picture was taken at The Woolery website. I liked it because it includes a bit of description.

My picture-taking on the phone from a website was not ideal but this is what the loom looks likes. It will need a stand.

If anyone has one of those looms they would let me look at/watch them weave on, I would love it. It may be this is the wrong side of life to develop an interest in this weaving idea….

While sitting here knitting I am becoming infected with rigid heddle loom envy/desire as I continue to watch YouTube videos on the subject.  I mentioned to Dear One the possibility of driving up to Kentucky to The Woolery where they have many different rigid heddle looms for sale and presumably on display.   He was NOT AT ALL enthusiastic about that idea…There must be loom stores nearer but I have not found any.  Suggestions are welcomed.  Many thanks for listening as I dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: