About The Country Wife Blog

Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Back To The Drawing Board!

 We have had a heart-shaped wreath base for some little time-maybe two years. I de used it was time to make it into an actual wreath. Since we had no pink yarn I went ro Hobby Lobby yesterday and made an acquisition.  Last night I caked the yarn up while the tv was running (I was not that interested in Survivor so caking up yarn was good to do.)

This afternoon I knitted a strip of wreath knitting on the Brother 350 knitting machine. It was rather taxing because I have not used the machine in months and sort of had to re-learn how to operate it.  In my mind I thought if I cast on 32 stitches then ran 20 rows of each color it would be good. Soon I realized I needed more so I knitted 10 more rows of each color then bound off. Sadly that was not enough.


Today is done. I am shot. Just back from the FamilySearch Center with Dear One and could barely make it up the stairs to the upstairs knitting chair. The daffodil yarn arrived today but it will have to wait for another day.

Health Note! Next week I have an unpleasant procedure coming up. Well, the procedure should be no problem as they put you out cold here apparently. It is the preparation that is unpleasant. AND here they have you prepare a whole week beforehand by not eating anything that we usually eat-no vegetables, no fruit, no whole grains, no beans, no nuts, no seeds, no nothing, sort of. So I may spend the week eating chocolate…at least I will think of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: