About The Country Wife Blog

Monday, January 29, 2024

Time For Painting Lessons, Or Practice...

 The last few years I have made birthday cards using a gelli plate and acrylic paints.  This year I thought I would do something different.  I love flowers so I thought I would try painting flowers.  Using gouache, a medium I have not used before!  Here are my first efforts.  Pitiful, but I have not shame and am sending them anyway, even though they are late.


This I call the Purple Flower, though it is not a real flower, just an inkling of a flower.

This orange and red "flower" shows what happens when you don't let the paint dry before adding more.

This flower shows the effects of wind blowing on the blossoms. At least that was my intention...

There is no telling what the recipients of these cards will think, but still, I did have fun painting them.  I just purchased a book about painting.  I think it is time to open it up!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: