About The Country Wife Blog

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Good Intentions

So, we all have good intentions.  I tell my husband very regularly that I am going to turn over a new leaf.  It is a joke here that our tree seems to be swaying in the wind caused by all my new leaves.  Well, this morning I crawled out of bed, put on sock, ankle braces, shoes and the rest of my clothes plus the poncho Cynthia made for me, slapped on my headset and iPod and headed out.  I listened to a Teryl Givens interview.  Interesting. 

When I got home 45 minutes later I had walked 4609 aerobic steps!  That was nice to see.  Around 3:30 I check my pedometer again and I had walked 11007 steps!  That is probably a record for me...certainly since I put in the new battery a couple of months ago.  Now that I am ready to crawl into bed again the number is 12552.  I am so completely shot that I hope I have the will to crawl out again tomorrow.  We shall see.

So here is a secret hope:I am hoping to get the walking thing down then start biking again after years of filling up the bicycle tires in May and putting the bike into a convenient spot in the rain and then the next May doing it again. I would love to be able to do at least all my local travel by bike.  We shall see. Again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: