About The Country Wife Blog

Monday, December 16, 2013

Christmas Knitting Journal--Day Four

So things are moving right along, and so is the calendar!  Having lots of  sitting and waiting hours on Wednesday made much of the Christmas tree project seemingly fly by.  Yesterday that was completed (plus lots of laundry washed and dried, dishes washed and dried, food cooked, wood brought in for the fire, etc) and it was on to the Stegosaurus.

The Stegosaurus is from Jacob Haller on Ravelry.com.

Thinking to make it larger, I started out knitting with three strands of Barlettyarn on size 15 needles.  It was immediately obvious that I did not have enough of the same color scheme for a whole stegosaurus with that set-up so I tore it out and started again with two strands (which is what I had originally planned...!) and size 9 needles.  It went better.

Due to a friend of our family, but mostly Dear One, I went to the upper regions and camped out on the couch with my music stand to hold the directions and Life(from BBC/Planet Earth/The Blue Planet) to keep me company while Friend and Dear One had a nice visit.  I got to the row with 67 stitches just one side of what I thought was the halfway mark then went to bed.



This morning I awoke something after 3 AM, could tell I was not going back to sleep so I made some fake pecan sticky buns and finished knitting the body around 7:30...whereupon I went back to bed!  Still have feet, back plates, stuffing and felting to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: