About The Country Wife Blog

Friday, February 21, 2014

Knitting Today: Baby Janes

Several years ago I came across a knitting pattern for some darling little booties for girl babies.  The pattern was called Baby Janes on Ravelry.  (The actual pattern download is here.) Since then I have knit up probably a dozen pairs in different colors, often in variegated yarn.  Most often I use Caron's Simply Soft yarn because is really is soft and has a bit of a sheen to it that makes for lovely little booties.

This past weekend the young women at our church were having a dance and fund-raiser to help them earn money for their summer camping experience. I made some booties for that.

Here are the Baby Janes:




By using a circular needle and using both ends of the ball of yarn, I knit two of them at once and can easily knit them, including the finishing with button sewn on, in an evening.  At least I can finish in an evening when there are not too many phone calls nor requests for snack options!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: