About The Country Wife Blog

Friday, September 8, 2017

Food Friday: Pineapple Citrus Smoothie

For years I have wanted a kitchen gadget that I just could not manage.  Through a series of events, some very very grim, and some ever so sweet, I have been able to realize this dream finally.  I shudder to share it because it is so worldly but it is a fact so I might as well let you know about it.

A new kitchen toy arrived this week:  a Vitamix Ascent blender with a Blender Bowl Starter Kit.  Now I can make smoothies and many other things, plus I can grind up flax seeds and any other hard things I want to grind in small quantities.  There, I said it.  I am so very happy.  As I am writing this, it is Sunday and I have not used the blender today but I used it every other day this week.

The second smoothie I made was a pineapple citrus smoothie.  Dear One really liked it.  (The first one was blueberries, super sweet salad mix, almond milk, and bananas.  I did not tell him what was in it until he asked.  He was impressed that the kale, etc was in it and it was good.   I thought I took a picture of it, but cannot locate that one.)

Here is a picture of the pineapple one:


Pineapple Citrus Smoothie (the way I made it)


3/4 cup water
1 15-ounce can pineapple slices and the juice
1 cup chopped carrots
1 slice lemon, including peel
1 1/2 cups ice cubes

Put all ingredients in the blender bowl in order listed.  Start the variable switch at 1and turn on the power.  Slowly raise the speed to 10 and let it blend for 1 minute.  This is supposed to make 4 servings at 60 calories each servings if you double the pineapple.  I gave it to us in two tall glasses.  There was a half cup left over which I gave to Dear One.  He did not object.

It tasted pretty good. I think it would have been better if I had actually put in the two cups of fresh pineapple the original recipe called for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: