About The Country Wife Blog

Monday, September 4, 2017

Munchie Monday: Instant Pot Black Beans and Super Salad

Making black beans in the instant pot is a snap.  PLUS they come out very yummy.

This is the same recipe I shared last week, though I might not have said that I used one pound of bulk black beans.

Soak the beans overnight is lots of water. I drained and rinsed the beans the next morning and tossed them into the pot with:
 4 cups water,
2 Tablespoons chili powder,
2 Tablespoons minced onions,
1 Tablespoon cumin, and
1 Tablespoon granulated garlic.  I pushed  the Beans/Chili button and let it go.

They cooked on high pressure for 30 minutes.

Here I am serving them cold on some Super Sweet Salad Mix from Costco.  There is kale, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, and other good things in the mix. I am a little quiet about the contents of the package because Dear One eats this happily mixed with some chopped Spring Mix Greens.

Because we have a small refrigerator I have decided to just buy the two containers of greens and mix them, instead of buying up a large bunch of kale, broccoli, etc to make my own mix.  It goes a long way in keeping the peace.  For some crazy reason some people think an empty refrigerator is an enviable proposition.  I am not one of those people and it is very taxing to go that route.  Having said that, I have personally committed to not buy another fresh item until what is in the refrigerator is used up.  We shall see how that goes.

Re: the above salad, I took it to the office and had it for lunch with a little lemon and pepper seasoning on it.  Tasted great.  Totally plant-based.  Plant-based does good things for my skin, my blood sugar, and my weight, PLUS Dr. Michael Greger in "How Not To Die" reports that it can reverse many of the most vicious chronic illnesses. I do not know how long before results are seen, by my blood sugar is in better control when I am totally plant-based, especially if I lay off the oils, sugar, and salt, too.  What is not to love about that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: