About The Country Wife Blog

Monday, August 27, 2018

Munchie Monday: Easy Roasted Vegetables

Recently I have been trying to use less added fat.  Mainly because I have been listening to Chef AJ.  I like her thinking.

This morning I used a wonderful summer squash and some other vegetables to make a big tray of roasted vegetables.  They were absolutely fabulous.  The crowning glory was the cherry tomatoes cut in half the way Sarah C. taught me a couple of summers ago.  Mister, they are some good!!!

This is what I did:

Preheated the oven to 400 degrees F.

Half sheet pan covered with a Silpat mat.

Sliced crookneck summer squash in 1/4" slices and filled the whole bottom of the pan.

Cored one large red bell pepper and cut into about 1-inch pieces and sprinkled on top.

Sliced, then chopped, one large red onion and placed on top of the red peppers.

Cut 10 ounces of grape tomatoes in half and sprinkle on top.

The final step was to briefly spray with non-stick spray then sprinkle on Greek Seasoning.



Put in the oven and roasted for 30 minutes.  Removed from oven and stirred.  Returned to oven for 30 more minutes.  Removed from oven.  Thought they were not quite done so put them back for 15 more minutes.

When they came out they were so good I had to ration them to keep from eating the whole pan.  After all, I want some for lunch tomorrow!

 I will make these again.  There is NOTHING to beat a roasted cherry tomato.  Thank you, Sarah! Truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: