About The Country Wife Blog

Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Wednesday Wonders: Finally--The Heron!

There is a wonderful park across the road from our office complex.  Early on we would catch a view of a giant blue heron.  I have taken many pictures of this guy but they were always far away and just not good.  Sister J taught me about enlarging photos BEFORE you take them.  The other morning I was out walking before coming into the office. It was too hot later in the day.  I melt down into a puddle of grease most days lately so the thought of making it worse by walking has been out of the question.  For me.  Everyone else in the office goes for walks.  I just keep my chair company.

Anyway, the morning in question I went out and walked around the third pond, and there he was! 


Well, maybe it is a she, but either way, there was a beautiful giant blue heron.  I got as close as I could without scaring him off and got this picture. I am so happy with it.

Don't you just love that he is out there with a friend?!

Then I took one more step to get a better shot.

 Gone in a second.

Can you even see him?  Just his left wing behind the branch and the water disturbed beneath him.

It was a great walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: