About The Country Wife Blog

Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Tuesday Tricks: Cleaning Silpat

Several years ago I splurged on a Silpat sheet.  I was sick of having cookies and other things stick to the pan.  The Silpat does work like a charm.  Unfortunately, being a slothful cleaner-upper, or, at least, not knowing how to keep the sheet clean, over the time we have had it, it has become nastier and nastier.  (Don't get me wrong:  I DID clean it, just not very well apparently.)  It was time to  do something about it. 

On the internet you can read all kinds of conflicting information about just about any question  you ask.  I finally focused on baking soda, since that is useful in many ways, I have learned.

Before leaving the house I sprinkled baking soda all over the Silpat which I had placed inside a cookie sheet. I then filled the pan with water and left for the day.  Note the nasty edge of the Silpat...


When we came home, the first thing I did was put the pan in the sink, take out the little scrubby sponge that has some netting over it and laid into the mess with a strong hand.  You really cannot tell how well the soda and elbow grease worked, but I am pleased with the result.  At least mostly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: