About The Country Wife Blog

Thursday, September 13, 2018

Nifty Barn

When we went to the garden to pick our own vegetables recently there was a big red barn (as well as many other outbuildings which we did not explore since they were closing soon for a company picnic) which has a wonderful sign painted on it.  I really liked it.


Well, I like barns anyway as they remind me of my childhood.  We had a barn with the same gambrel roof structure, but no sign...I can just feel smell the fresh baled hay in the barn floor and feel the scratchy stems at the ends of the bales as we children climbed all over the hay in our short pants.  Today you could not get me to do that on a bet!  In this day and age scratches turn into infections too easily and they don't want to heal overnight anymore...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: