About The Country Wife Blog

Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Savory Broth Seasoning

If I could only eat one thing in the world, it would be a nice savory broth.  I could eat it every day.  Every meal.  And feel virtuous eating it!  The sad thing about the vegetable broth I make is that it doesn't taste like anything, which really puts me off.

Over the weekend I found a possible seasoning for vegetable broth. I made it. I put some in the brand new fresh broth I had just made in the Instant Pot with vegetable scraps, and this time the cores from the five Pink Lady apples.  I put one tablespoon of the broth seasoning in 1 cup of the broth and heated it one minute in the microwave. IT WAS DELICIOUS!!!

Broth Seasoning Recipe

1 cup nutritional yeast
3 Tablespoons granulated garlic
3 Tablespoons dried finely chopped onions
2-3 teaspoons coarse salt or sea salt
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried turmeric

Place everything in an airtight container.  Put the lid on and shake very well.  Use 1 Tablespoon per cup of water to make a nice broth.  So good. I am thinking of having a cup of this and a slice of whole wheat toast for supper every night.  Quick and easy.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: