About The Country Wife Blog

Friday, September 21, 2018

Food Friday: Homemade Raisins

It is abhorrent to me to waste good food.  Well, I hate to waste bad food, too, but good food.... Yikes!  Don't do it! 

So we had a big bunch of nice black seedless grapes that were not going fast enough for my preference.  When I pulled them out of the refrigerator and ate one, it was soft.  Action had to be taken. And fast.

Since we have that wonderful food dehydrator that is just sitting there being a nice storage surface, I decided to give a try at making raisins.


Here is a bowl of very delicious homemade raisins.  It only took about 30 hours to get them dried to this stage of raisin-ness, so I would not recommend doing this if energy preservation is your goal.  They are good raisins, though.

Chef A J is not a fan of dried fruit.  Now I see why:  this is two bunches of grapes in about one cup.  I think it would be pretty easy to snarf these down in a single evening.  Lots of delicious fructose calories right there!

Probably I won't do this again, unless yet again we have grapes that the grape eater is not eating fast enough to suit me.  In fact, maybe when we get grapes in future, I will start removing half of the grapes and transferring them to a different bag for someone else to enjoy.  It is a thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: