About The Country Wife Blog

Monday, April 15, 2019

Munchie Monday: A Crazy Pie, Quick and Easy

We were to bring the dessert to the Senior Family Home Evening.  One of the elders really enjoys pie so I thought pie was the thing.  We went to Costco and picked up one of their very nice cherry pies.  When I was at Grocery Outlet I found some nifty frozen tiny chocolate eclairs that I also picked up...bad idea to go shopping when you are hungry and tired.  Self control is hard to come by at times like that.

Well, Dear One thought I should make a pie myself. I thought I would make a Toll House Pie, but I did not bring our Cuisinart food processor with us to Oregon which is how I always make pie crust, and the stores I was in did not have pie crust available SO, I used something different:  Texas Biscuits in a Tube!

After opening the tube I smushed them all into a deep-dish pie plate then made the Toll House Pie filling, put it into the pie plate and baked at 325 degrees F. for one hour.  It probably needed another 5 minutes, but still, it was okay.  Several of the Seniors had a small piece, which is all you really want as it is so rich.



Toll House Pie Filling

Beat 3/4 cup softened butter (no substitute) with 2 large eggs, 1/2 cup brown sugar, and 1/2 cup granulated sugar.  When nice and light and well whipped, add 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, 1 cup chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate chips that I purchased in the bulk bins at Winco to melt to make Easter treats...probably won't happen), and 1 cup chopped pecans.  Another kind of nuts will work.  Usually I use walnuts to assist in brain function...!  Stir together until there is no flour showing then put on the crust, whatever crust you are using, and put in the oven to bake. When nicely bake, place on a cooling rack until ready to eat.  DON"T eat it right out of the oven unless you want a severely burned mouth...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: