About The Country Wife Blog

Monday, April 8, 2019

Munchie Monday: Nori Burrito!

Sometimes one is just too tired to make anything fancy, but one still needs to eat at least something.  That was today for me.

We had a packet of Nori on the shelf that still has several months until expiration/best-by date.  There was some rice in the refrigerator and I had just steamed some broccoli.  I had also made some chipotle sauce which was really yummy, even though I dropped a second chipotle pepper into the bowl instead of just the one that was recommended.

Here is what I did:

Placed one sheet of nori on the counter.  (It was a square possibly 7-8 inches across)

Sprinkled on a little rice...maybe a tablespoon, but possibly a little more.

Spooned on 2-3 tablespoons of steamed broccoli.

Added a rounded teaspoon of chipotle sauce.

Folded it up more or less like a burrito. 



Ate it for lunch.

Really yummy. I will make another one.  Or two. 

Dear One was not interested. I have recently chosen never to be offended if he does not choose to eat the good food I make for him.   More for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: