About The Country Wife Blog

Friday, January 15, 2021

Food Friday: "Weight Loss Vegetable Soup"

 So here it is!  The recipe I told you about yesterday.  It turns out it was not entitled "Healthy Soup".  Another mistake on my part.  It was a recipe on Sweet Pea's Kitchen.

Weight Loss Soup

1 cup chopped carrots
1 onion, chopped
4 cups chopped cabbage--I used 6 cups
2 teaspoons minced garlic--I used 2 tablespoons
2 bell peppers, diced
1 cup green beans, chopped--I did not add these. Dear One does not like green beans.
1 28 ounce can diced tomatoes -I used 15 ounces fire-roasted diced tomatoes
2 Tablespoons tomato paste--I used the whole 6-ounce can
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon basil
2 bay leaves--I used all the small pieces in the bottom of the bottle.
6 cups beef broth--I used vegetable broth
2 cups chopped zucchini--I did not add these since I had used the last one in the vegetable broth pot.
2 cups broccoli, chopped--I used 6 cups cauliflower and broccoli mixed
Salt and pepper to taste

You can read the actual directions on the Sweet Pea Kitchen website.  As for me, I just put everything into the 8-quart Instant Pot and set it going.  Sadly, I left it as it was from the broth , which was 58 minutes.

Total disaster. 

 The one good thing about the soup is that as I am eating it, I seem to put too much into the saucepan to heat up so I feel not compunction about dumping the uneaten remainder down the sink.  A new thing for me, wasting food in this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: