About The Country Wife Blog

Monday, May 24, 2021

Munchie Monday: Very Healthy Treat--Baked Apple in the Microwave

 A dear friend brought us a wonderful new cooking pot today.  It is meant to bake an apple in the microwave.

We have been rather heavy on the not-so-good for you foods lately so I immediately put this dish to use.

We don't have a gadget that lets you just core an apple so I used the apple cutter which cores and sections the apple all at once,

The apple went into the dish.  I sprinkled a very little granulated sugar on top, less that a teaspoon, then sprinkled on cinnamon.  The apple was put in the microwave for 90 seconds.  It could have been eaten then but I wanted it just a bit softer so I put it in for another minute.

It was so good. I ate one section and Dear One ate the rest.  Next time I will do two apples, though one at a time then put into an individual serving bowl then cook the second one...


Such a beautiful dish and works so well.  It is about six inches across.  Thank you so much, S!  A winning gift.

Oh!  And the apple was a Fuji, not my favorite but it came in the final Misfits Market box instead of the Pink Lady apples I ordered so this is a good way to use up less than desirable apples.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: