About The Country Wife Blog

Thursday, August 12, 2021

First Effort at Drying Hydrangea Blossoms!

 Yesterday I decided it was time to open The Principles of Knitting by June Hiatt where I had been drying some hydrangea blossoms. SUCCESS!


This is how I did it:  purchased some cotton make-up sponges and got out one of our heaviest books.  

Carefully pulled a blossom off the hydrangea head and spread it as flat as possible on the cotton sponge that I had opened but not all the way. I thought leaving the "hinge" would make it easier to keep together.

Placed a dozen or so of these sponges per page every quarter inch then closed the book for about a month.

The blooms came out great, I thought!  They are flat, dry, even leathery so they don't feel as if they will fall apart. They even have nice color, though less than when they went inside the book.

Such a happy success!  Now to use them for greeting cards.  Don't know if I am creative enough to make something worth sending.  Well, I do know!  I am NOT that creative but someone on YouTube will have done it and shared...so there is hope. And maybe next season I will try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: