About The Country Wife Blog

Monday, September 6, 2021

Munchie Monday: Instant Pot Corn Pudding!

 We were planning to attend a barbecue today.  I wanted to make something new to contribute to the festive board and had been thinking about corn pudding. I found a recipe and made it!  Very good.  Well, very good tasting.

Someone named Dee on the internet put it up. I made it a little differently.  The recipe below is how I made it.

Instant Pot Corn Pudding

1 egg
1 box Jiffy Cornmeal Muffin Mix
1 can creamed corn
1 can whole kernel corn, drained (saved the liquid for vegetable broth)
1 Tablespoon dried onion flakes
1 small can green chilis
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup melted butter

In a large bowl I mixed all the ingredients then divided the mixture into two Anchor Hocking glass loaf pans that I had greased. They were smallish loaf pans, smaller than you would use for making bread.  I put a sheet of parchment over each loaf pan then sealed it with aluminum foil. (The parchment paper was to keep aluminum from dripping into the food...not that this is a possibility but I had the parchment and it seemed like a good idea.  Cannot afford to lose any more gray matter...)

In our 8-quart Instant Pot I put the trivet and 2 cups water then placed the first loaf pan inside.  At this point I placed a rack that a dear friend gave  me that was intended to go into a roasting pan. It worked perfectly there to hold up the second loaf pan. I then put the other loaf pan in on top of that rack in a crisscross fashion.  I moved it around a little bit so it would not interfere with the pressurizing.

This is when I started the Instant Pot cooking. We used HIGH pressure for 45 minutes then let the pudding come down to no pressure naturally.



This pudding was very tasty, as my mother-in-law used to say.  Next time I will reduce the fats in half. I think it will still be delicious.  I was just listening to a podcast where the expert was telling all the world that carbohydrates (and by this he was NOT referring to refined carbohydrates like cookies, cake, ice cream,  chips, etc.) are not the problem. Fat is.  This corn pudding moved from a perfectly reasonable vegetable/starch into a depraved fat-filled food that should probably have been tossed out before the first bite was eaten.  But it wasn't...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: