About The Country Wife Blog

Friday, March 18, 2022

Finish February Morphed Into Finish It Friday!

While this project was actually finished in February, I am just now getting to show it.

Years ago I knitted this vest parts on the Incredible Bond Sweater machine.  It was in three parts that I sewed together then used hand knitting to finish. (I did garter stitch "ribbing" up the front, at the bottom and around the armholes.)  During this winter I put on the vest and realized I did not like the top of the vest rubbing on my neck so I decided to fix it in February.




What I did was to use sewing shears and cut a V-neck in the vest.  No, the stitches did not run or fall out!  I was very happy that this worked! At that point I picked up stitches for button bands and buttonhole bands.  Also, because I felt like the vest was too short, I picked up and knitted a ribbing along the bottom.  The final thing I did was pick up and knit ribbing around the armholes since I was not happy with the way they looked and looked.

The above is the completed sweater. I am happy with it.  I do think I will try again to make a sweater on the knitting machine but this time it will be the Brother KX 350 knitting machine.  And it will be a while until that sweater makes it to the top of the queue!

For now I am going to work on Finish It Friday.  It might not always be knitting projects that I finish...!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: