About The Country Wife Blog

Thursday, March 31, 2022

More Knitting: Toddler Socks

 Our great-grandson turned one year old recently. I wanted to knit him some socks so I did.  I had to search Ravelry to find a pattern which was a bit of a picnic, but one pattern came up!

 These socks were fun to knit.  I did the "two socks on two circs" method of knitting socks.  They turned out just fine.

One note is that these were cuff down socks.  When I got to the first heel flap, since that was a back and forth project, I had to knit the first heel flap then switch the socks on the needles so I could knit the second heel flap.  No problem.  Just took a bit of thinking.


These were not ready for his birthday due to too much other stuff to do, but we "sweetened the late deal" by also sending him a few Richard Scarry books which our children (his grandfather) loved.  I expect he will love them, too.  He already loves books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: