About The Country Wife Blog

Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Knitting Today: Red White and Blue

 We have had our Christmas wreath on our front door since November.  It seemed like a good idea to finally make a change.  Because Memorial Day, Flag Day, and the Fourth of July were coming up I purchased three skeins of yarn (I Love This Yarn acrylic) at Hobby Lobby.

Finally just before Memorial Day I sat down at the Brother KX350 knitting machine and started working.

The cast on was 40 stitches.

Each of the red and white stripes was 20 rows.

The blue quadrant was 80 rows.

At our daughter's suggestion I went back to Hobby Lobby and found the star buttons and installed them.

We already had the metal wreath form so I used that and stitched the strip of knitting together behind the form.

This is smallish wreath but I am pleased with the way it came out.



I did find some star fabric and made a bow but it was not an improvement!  Verified by our daughter...!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: