About The Country Wife Blog

Monday, November 20, 2023

Vacation Knitting: Add-A-Bootie Slippers

 It was two days until our vacation when I decided I wanted to work on making a pair of slippers big enough so they would fit my feet.  I had knit them two years ago when I realized that cement slab foundations were very cold in the winter,  BUT the second slipper was too short for my foot.  Something else must have taken priority but now was the time to do a re-make.

The pattern is in Knit One Knit All by Elizabeth Zimmermann.  These are all in garter stitch and so easy.  They are made so you can make a double or even triple sole to make them extra warm and snuggly though I only knit the one sole. Well, a brand new sole so it is the third sole I have knit. After finishing the first slipper’s new sole, I decided to re-do the second one as well.

Here they are: finished!  What I did was to use a larger needle which did the trick.  This photo shows the difference in the nice top knitted with a US 8 and the sole with US 10 needles.  Not so nice looking but they fit so…good enough.

May I say that I absolutely love Schoolhouse Press and their staff.  I had misplaced my Knit One Knit All and Elizabeth’s grandson very kindly helped me out is such a timely fashion.  I will always recommend them for all things knitting.

The yarn was also purchased at Schoolhouse Press:  Québécoise. At least I am pretty sure it is that…or maybe some other Briggs and Little yarn.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: