About The Country Wife Blog

Thursday, November 2, 2023

Fun Paper Crafting: Envelopes

 Another thing I really like to do with my hands is to make cards and envelopes.  Last year I decided I wanted to make a birthday card and pretty envelope for each of our sisters in the church.  It is now November and I have accomplished that goal. Having said that, I just made the last 40-plus cool envelopes.

These are the completed envelopes.

This year most of the envelopes have been made with an Envelope Punch Board by We R Memory Keepers.  I have purchased five or more of them over the years.  I do use aluminum foil to try to sharpen their blades but eventually they still seem to wear out/become dull.

 
There are several steps to making these envelopes.
1. Cut paper to 8.5 by 8.5 inches
2. Use the punch board to make the cuts and score lines
3. Fold on the score lines
4. Add the double-sided tape
5. Pull off the tape protector on the bottom end of the envelope and fold up

The envelope is then ready to have a card inserted.
  
Such an enjoyable project and it makes me happy to see the pretty envelopes.  Many of the envelopes this year were floral patterns.  This last batch is not floral but still pretty.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: