About The Country Wife Blog

Thursday, December 7, 2023

Sewn Door Nativity Panel

 Several months ago I found a lovely Nativity door panel and some great star fabric for the backing. It has been sitting on the sewing machine table ever since. Yesterday Dear One suggested that if I waited much longer we would not need it this year…so I got rolling this morning.



Here is the panel installed- which necessitated a trip to Lowe’s for dowels, heavy metal nuts to use for weights, and some hooks to use to hang the wreath that used to hang on the door, as well as the sewing part.


This is the star fabric that is the backing of the panel. Notice the cool little triangular holders for the dowels! I was so thrilled to have learned how to make them on SewVeryEasy, a YouTube podcast. They really were so easy!

This is the view from the street now.  Dear One is pretty happy I actually did the sewing.  Me, too, I guess.  Well, I do like to finish projects.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: