About The Country Wife Blog

Monday, April 29, 2024

A Pretty Nice 74th!

 What a nice day it has been!  I woke up before 5:00 AM, laid in bed for nearly an hour thinking about what needed to be done today, then hopped out of bed before 6:00 AM.

We have an island in the kitchen which is beautiful.  It is also a very handy surface which collects all manner of stuff nearly continually.  This annoys me that I cannot seem to keep in empty and clean. This morning I fixed it! Also put all the leftover dishes in the dishwasher then cleaned and shined the sinks.  After that I went into the dining room to clear off THAT surface, too, BUT the new Ashford e-spinner called my name. I sat down for fifteen minutes and finished spinning the roving in the market basket I had purchased in Ogden, Utah many years ago and stuffed into my luggage to get it home.  It is one of those baskets that you soak in water for a while then pull it into the shape you would like.

Other things came to hand and after about two and a  half hours of constant productive action, I went upstairs, found Dear One still in bed (!!), then put some quilt fabric in the washing machine to prepare to make a quilt block this afternoon.

The Pressed Flowers Shawl came to hand for two garter ridges which made me happy. I had hoped to finish the shawl by today, but now am hopeful for a next week finish.

Dear One took us out to lunch at a Greek pizza buffet where we were able to eat a casual rather healthy meal. Even so, it was more food than I personally have eaten at one time in weeks.  Still, it was not so much that I felt stuffed.

Naptime was next, but a very short nap.

The nice clean empty island was ready for cutting out quilt block pieces.  I had a rather rugged time getting bobbins filled and successfully installed in the newish-to-me sewing machine but finally did it and eventually made these three quilt blocks.


Our Relief Society activity this month includes something with 8 by 8 inch quilt squares.  These are what I came up with.  It pretty much used up the rest of the day.

Later this evening we watched Follow Him, the episode for this week.  It was really good.  I knit another garter ridge but now am done in.  It has been such a nice day with many family members and dear friends sending birthday greetings.  Could not have been better...made me smile all day long.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: