About The Country Wife Blog

Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Productive Day!

 Today I finally had an outside productive day. This makes me so happy. The front of the house has a lot of shrubs that were planted before we arrived at this house. The HOA has rules about plant care. I have been shirking. Friends have come over and helped both last fall and this spring. This made me happy but I did rather feel like a slug since it was work I should have done myself. Dear One mows the lawn even when his back is killing him and it is 90 degrees out. Not me. I hibernate in the air-conditioning and knit or do genealogy or read. Or once in a while, make a meal.

Today I planned to go out first thing to pull some more pricker vines then mulch that front bed. Did not happen then, however directly following breakfast, which was actually brunch, I did go out and yanked up some pricker vines and a few other weeds (not many, lest you think I am a hero) then laid down four bags of black pine chip mulch. The boy at the hardware store who loaded ten bags of mulch told me this would be great because it would heat up the ground and kill the weeds underneath.  I hope that is true. It was 88 degrees yesterday and 87 degrees today. More heat is coming…

Dragging the bags to the location, yanking open the bags, hefting them up and flipping them around so the opening was facing downwards, dumping the mulch, then kicking it around a little bit certainly heated ME up! I was ready for a nap.  

This is not a very exciting photograph, except to me because it is evidence that I actually accomplished something productive today!

Nap report: I happened to note a text which had some absolutely darling crocheted flowers in plant pots there in my inbox. I just had to go look at them on YouTube.  There went the nap…!  Man, are they cute! I have every intention of making at least one. Just not today. Or even tomorrow. That shawl keeps calling my name. Must knit at least one hour every day to get it done by the deadline sometime in May.  The good news there is that I have started the second (of 3) batches of yarn.  I probably will not finish it the way the designer calls for as it is becoming rather tedious.  Look it up in Ravelry.com :Pressed Flowers Shawl by Amy Christoffers. Nice shawl. Great for process knitters but becomes a bit much for project knitters-the ones who just want the results…which would be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: