About The Country Wife Blog

Monday, April 17, 2017

Munchie Monday: Quick and Easy Birds Nest Treats!

Whenever we have a holiday celebration I try to make some sort of treat the children will enjoy.  This time I found a recipe on Six Sisters Stuff.   
 
These are called Butterscotch Bird Nest Treats.

Of course, my version does not look impressive.  It is not well-photographed, either, but I expect the children will love them.  Oh, and I did not fill the nests with Cadbury Mini Eggs, which I should have, but I did not have any on hand and I have sworn off driving for a little while.

This is what mine looked like:



This is how to make them:

In a large glass bowl (I used a large crock pot insert), place 12 ounces of butterscotch chips and 12 ounces of white chocolate chips.  Put in microwave for 2 minutes.  Remove from microwave and stir well. If the chips are not all melted, return to microwave for another 30 seconds.  Stir again.  Add one 12-ounce bag of chow mein noodles and stir very well  Don't worry about the sound of the noodles breaking up.  This is supposed to look like a bird nest.  The bird nests I have seen are all riffy raffy looking so broken noodles are just fine.

For shaping the bird nests, I put a scoop of the mixture into cupcake papers set in a muffin tin.  With a spoon, and then with my finger, I tried to make a little indentation in the middle of the bird nest for the "eggs".   Mine don't look like bird nests but I did not want to get all that sweet on my fingers and then lick it off. I am off sweets for a while, too.  Forever, if I am smart...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: