About The Country Wife Blog

Friday, May 17, 2019

Food Friday: Rosemary Chili Chicken!

It is not often that I cook meat.  Recently I have had better sleep after having a little "meat-y" evening snack.  Last night I was at Safeway and found chicken thighs on sale for 88 cents a pound.  What is not to like about that?!!  So I purchased a package.

This morning I was up early and threw together a recipe from the top of my head.

This rosemary chili chicken was easy to make and delicious to taste!

Rosemary Chili Chicken

In a glass baking dish place your bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs in a single layer.

Sprinkle on rosemary, chili powder, granulated garlic, granulated onion, coarse black pepper and a little seasoned salt if you cannot find your pink Himalayan salt in time.

Bake in a pre-heated 350 degrees F. oven for one hour.

Remove from oven to cool.

Pour the juice into a jar and set in refrigerator so the fat will solidify for disposal...unless you are making some delicious Jewish chicken soup where you will want the fat.




This tasted really good when I had a microwaved russet potato, one Roma tomato, and one chicken thigh for breakfast.  It is 12:30 as I write. I am still not hungry but my mind says it is lunch time...Since I want to continue eating meat sparingly, I did not bring a thigh for lunch.  These were honking big chickens so...one a day is probably enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: