About The Country Wife Blog

Thursday, November 7, 2019

Tasty Brunch Today

This morning I awoke at 5:00 AM after an amazing full night of sleep.  I leaped out of bed and began my morning routine.  As part of that today I did a great deal of reading besides my Spanish Book of Mormon reading:  Genesis 39; The Book of Esther; Job 2:3; Job 27:3-6; Daniel 3 and Daniel 6; Acts 26; 3 Nephi 11:10-11; Doctrine and Covenants 124:15; and Joseph Smith History 1: 21-25.  This was a lot of reading but so good to read as research for the virtue of integrity.  It made me realize that I can do better.  I am kind of gutless sometimes...

Anyway, after that scripture immersion I made birthday cards for seven of our young single adults and, later in the day after the power came back on so I could open the garage door, I took them to the post office.  That felt so good.

Finally I got downstairs around 11 AM and tossed out the idea of breakfast.  Instead I made brunch.


This was one Dr. Praeger veggie burger of some kind.  I don't remember what it was and some time ago tossed the box in the recycling so we could have more room in the freezer.  Also we had some Brussels sprouts that were getting on towards elderly so I put them in the Instant Pot and cooked them on HIGH for 20 minutes to break the tar out of the cell membranes and make them possibly soft and more pleasant to eat.  One Roma tomato, not very big, and a big pile of Kalamata olives.  This was such a delicious meal.  Unfortunately, I ate the whole batch and spent the next hour regretting this.

PS:  Dear One did NOT eat the same brunch I did, but it was hours ago and I don't remember what it was.  I did not take a picture of his food.  Rest assured, it really was good, just not as good as mine which he would not touch with a ten-foot pole.

Tonight I was smarter about quantities:  I made a sweet potato which I opened up and put on about 1/4 cup of black beans which had cumin, garlic granules, onion granules, and a small amount of salt on then. I stirred them up, heated them up and enjoyed them.  I gave Dear One a bowl of the same seasoned black beans along with green salad and his favorite salad dressing.  When I asked him if the beans were as good as I had said they were he said, "If we were walking across the plains...."  Funny guy, isn't he?!!  I love his sense of humor.  Almost always...

 I consider the beans a success and will make them again for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: