About The Country Wife Blog

Friday, November 1, 2019

Food Friday: Pink Salsa

We had two partially used bottled of salsa.  One was mild; the other was medium.  The medium was on the spicier side of medium. I thought if I added some cream cheese to it that the bite would be a little less significant.  So I did it.

Using 2 8-ounce blocks of regular cream cheese which had been set on the counter to soften for a couple of hours, and 2 partial jars of salsa, place them in a blender or food processor.  Blend or process for 10-20 seconds.  Turn out into a nice clean bowl.  Cover and place in refrigerator until you want to use it.



We call this Pink Salsa because, well, it is pink after blending.  I took it to a "carry-in" party at the YMCA.  My sister suggested that I put up a tent card identifying what it was. I did do that.  It was a good idea.  No one had ever had any of this before.  They kept going back!  That made me happy. 

We used both corn chips as well as vegetables sticks for dipping.  So good.

Try it.  You might like it.  There is nothing easier to make for a carry-in party!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: