About The Country Wife Blog

Monday, November 18, 2019

Munchie Monday: Apple Cider Oatmeal!

We seem to have two half-gallons of apple cider in the refrigerator.  Before the cider turns hard I decided to use up some of it.


This was an easy cooked oatmeal which we had for breakfast yesterday.  Dear One really loved it! That made me happy.

In a three-quart sauce pan, place 2 cups apple cider, 1 cup uncooked old-fashioned oatmeal, 1/2 cup golden raisins, 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.

Stir over medium heat until the cereal is cooked as much as you like. I cooked it almost five minutes.

Serve in bowls with a few chopped walnuts on top.

Dear One asked if I could duplicate the recipe.  Well, yes. I can.  I just wrote it down so I could do that!  And thought I would share with family and friends here on the blog.  I hope you like it, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: