About The Country Wife Blog

Monday, November 11, 2019

Munchie Monday: Very Quick Chocolate Chip Cookies, Sort Of...

When we make chocolate chip cookies, our favorites, the recipe makes more cookies than we can reasonably eat.  SO...I use a cookie scoop and put the cookies on a tray very close to each other then freeze them.  When they are frozen, maybe a couple of hours, I remove them from the freezer and put in an airtight container and return them to the freezer.

In this case, since we had company, I cooked a half sheet pan full of cookies...


THEN...when Dear One is agitating for some cookies I just pull out the box (which I have hidden behind the frozen kale or other objectionable (to him!) food, take out 6 cookies and put them on the quarter sheet pan that I have. 

At this point I place them, frozen, in a cold oven.  Turn on the oven to 350 or 375 degree F. oven and let them cook.  At 350 degrees F. it took about 20 minutes to cook.  In the 375 degree F. oven, I think it only takes 13 minutes, but stay there in the kitchen to watch them. It would be too bad to burn them.



Our daughter is the one who gave me this idea.  It works like a charm.  We had family here recently who missed the warm chocolate chip cookies at the motel so this was the next best thing.  PLUS they could have as many as they wanted without feeling piggish!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: