About The Country Wife Blog

Thursday, February 11, 2021

The Mask Thing

 This mask thing sometimes gets on my nerves.  Don't get me wrong, I totally agree with the need to protect ourselves, and others, from any germ-y things hanging out there in the air.  My complaint is that all the masks I have made, or tried, make it hard to breathe AND they fog up my glasses.  I have to take off my glasses when shopping so I can actually see what is on the shelves but worry that I will drop them and not be able to get them again. Or step on them after they fall to the floor, which comes to the same thing.

So it occurred to me that last summer I had gotten a silly hat with a French Foreign Legion towel at the back and a mask in the front, all meant to keep the sun off the skin.  It occurred to me that it would be no worse for a mask than the handkerchiefs I see over some people's faces.  

So I have started wearing it.  Yes. It looks silly.  At best.  But I can breathe and my glasses don't fog up.


This is me in the hat mask in the car...a picture I took to share with one of our grandsons so he could have a good laugh.  Feel totally free to laugh your head off, but not so much that you fall on the floor and injure yourself.  I have not yet had the intestinal fortitude to wear it to Church.  I am not sure if Dear One would be very happy to have me sit beside him in this mask.  What do you think?  Can we still be friends if I wear this in your presence?  It does keep the sun off, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: