About The Country Wife Blog

Monday, March 8, 2021

Munchie Monday: CRAM Muffin Variation

 Chef AJ wrote a book entitled The Secrets to Ultimate Weight Loss.  It is a very good book.  It includes many recipes that are very pleasing.  The recipe I based my recipe on is called CRAM Muffins (Carrots, Raisin, Apple, and Millet) on page 142.  If you are looking to upgrade your health, you might want to find this book.

What I did:

2 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
2 large frozen bananas, thawed
3 large and 6 baby carrots
1 large Ambrosia apple
1 Tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cap apple cider vinegar
one large handful raisin

In a food processor bowl, shred the carrots and apple, then add the thawed bananas, oatmeal, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and baking powder, and vinegar.  Change to the S-blade in the processor and process  for a couple of minutes until the oats are well shredded.  Throw in the raisins and mix well then divide into silicon waffle pans.  Press down firmly.

Bake in a preheated 350 degree F for 30-40 minutes.
  
Let cool completely then remove from the pans and enjoy.


When we first took them out of the pans we ate one.  I was not impressed.  A couple of hours later I returned to the kitchen and found that Dear One had eaten the rest of the small pan of waffle muffins!  So surprising.  And very pleasing.


You will notice, if you buy the book, or go to YouTube and watch Chef AJ make these muffins, I did not use ground millet nor did I remember the applesauce.  To boot, I only used one apple.  I am sure the first muffins would be absolutely scrumptious with more apple, even without the millet.  I used a little extra oatmeal in place of the millet.  We have millet but I could not find it at the last minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: